All over the web you hear about Search Engine Optimization, but what is it? Search Engine Optimization is a series of tasks you can accomplish to help your website and its content become appealing, worthy and distinguishable to search engines & web crawlers. Now that you know “what” Search Engine Optimization is, you may now be asking yourself why is it important? Imagine if your potential customers were looking for a phone number or address to reach you at your place of business. If they could not find this information, you would be losing a potential customer. For that reason you list your company in the yellow pages and other directories so you can be easily contacted. In the same way it is important that your company website is easily found on the internet. The more you optimize your website page, the higher it will be ranked by major search engines and additionally search engine results. Ranking is important because 68% of search engine users click results on the first page of search results (2008 results). To help your site gain its full traffic potential from search engines such as Google, AOL, MSN/Bing, ASK and Yahoo you must be listed in the first page of results.
Search Engine Facts
- 84.8% of Internet users utilize Search Engines to find websites. (GVU Users Survey)
- 85% of qualified Internet traffic is driven through Search Engines, however 75% of Search Engines users never scroll past the 4th page of results.
- 55% of all Internet sales result from buyers finding the sellers website through Search Engines.
- High Search Engine ranking will increase your websites potential for traffic.
Taylor Digital Search Engine Optimization Program Example
Below you can find areas of interest contained within Taylor Digital’s aggressive Search Engine Optimization programs for your reference.
- Title Tags – Create title tags for each page that are relevant to the content. Include keywords and phrases when possible.
- Meta Descriptions – Create Meta Descriptions for each page that include keywords and phrases that are properly placed in content & title tags.
- Keyword & Phrases – Assign keywords and phrases to each page that are relevant to the content.
- Relevant Text – Create relevant text to match the keywords, phrases, descriptions and title tags.
Intelligent URLs – Search and user friendly URLs help people and web crawlers identify pages that are relevant to their search.
- XML Site Map – Create Site Map for Search Engine to use as a road map. Search Engines notice clean architecture.
- Organize – Code the architecture in a user and Search Engine friendly manner.
- Simplify – Create code in a manner that creates easy navigation for Search Engines to view and index your site.
- Image Tags – Create descriptive, relevant tags for images, so Search Engines recognize images as content.
- Edit Flash Images / Tags – Crawlers and spiders don’t recognize flash as content without help. Create HTML tags / content for Flash files.
- Redirect Errors – No page should link to an error page and old pages should automatically forward to new existing page, so they retain equity.
- Internal – Create internal links to / from pages within website for ease of navigation.
- External – Create links from relevant external websites to increase visibility to users and Search Engines.
- Public Relations – Update events page with relevant content. Utilize events and push out news releases from corporate site to satellite site.
- Social Networks – Create profiles on major social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Flicker to improve visibility and create link opportunities.
- YouTube – Upload and share any promotional videos to increase visibility.
- Page Ranking – Look at competitors Page Ranking to determine standings with other in same industry.
- Keywords – How do your keywords perform / compare to your competitors?
- What they are doing – What is working for their site? What isn’t working?
- What they aren’t doing – Is there something they avoid that is hurting your site?
- Search Engine – Submit websites and individual pages to major Search Engines including MSN/Bing, Yahoo! and Google.
- Directory – Increase visibility and enhance your link building strategy through the use of industry specific, local and open directories.
Pay Per Click
- Keywords & Phrases – Research and analyze potential keywords and phrases to see what works for site / campaign.
- Click Management – Optimize position and bids.
- Competitors – Where are your competitors listing? What sites? What keywords?
- Analytics – Utilize web tools to find out what words get traffic and conversions.
Does your company need a better Search Engine ranking and increased traffic? For a customized Search Engine Optimization program, contact Taylor Digital today.